Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 21, 2018

Oprah, Deepak, The Pope and The Dalai Lama in 'The 100 Most Spiritually Influential People' List?

I found a copy of a 2016 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine in a newsagent in 2016 which had a list of 'The 100 Most Spiritually Influential People' for 2016 based on internet searches, the person having a Wikipedia page, appears in Nielsen Data, is alive that year and has made a unique and spiritual contribution on a global scale.
I realized that not having a Wikipedia page I probably wasn't on the list, but I noticed that the Dalai Lama was #1 Pope Francis #2, Deepak Chopra #5 and Oprah Winfrey #10. 
I've never seen this magazine stocked in my local newsagent, but I was curious to see the 2017 list, so I sent away to the London bookstore that prints the magazine and ordered a back issue of that magazine and saw that in this list Pope Francis was now #1, the Dalai Lama was #2, Oprah was #5 and Deepak was #10.
So, in those two lists (2016/2017Pope Francis and the Dalai Lama had swapped positions and so had Oprah and Deepak.
Amusingly bizarre I thought.
I noticed that Oprah has interviewed a fair share of the people on those lists at her podcast site, although not #1 and #2 on those lists ... yet anyway.
Super Soul Conversations?
I saw that the latest 'The 100 Most Spiritually Influential People' magazine is out now, and I've ordered a copy from the bookstore.
I haven't seen who is on that list yet, so it should be interesting when I get my copy in the mail.
Can't wait to see WHO made the #1 position this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment