Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 9, 2018

If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get Out of the Kitchen? Eat Prey, Love?

Seems like every day there is a new issue being brought to the table, doesn't it?-)
Secret Sun Picture Parade: #OrangeEntrainment
A woman in orange is the new KFC?!
The last few months I've been eating a no dairy/vegetarian diet including eggs, so I don't know what you would call that. 
I changed my diet for health reasons, which seems a bit oxymoronic when like John Salley I like drinking alcohol, too.
And I try to avoid dairy products because I don't think it is a very sustainable industry in an ever-growing planetary population.  
 And while I don't go out of my way to hurt animals, I don't buy the argument of Vegans who think animals all live in a Disney world of light and love.
Animals eat animals and humans, too.
It's a cruel world after all ... maybe there is a song in those words if Disney are looking for another hit song?-)
Atë, Até or Aite (/ˈeɪtiː/ or UK: /ˈɑːti/; Ancient Greek: ἄτη) is the Greek goddess of mischief, delusion, ruin, and folly.
Até also refers to the action performed by a hero, usually because of hubris, that often leads to his or her death or downfall.
Mythology personifies Atë as the daughter either of Zeus or of Eris.
W and Women's Day?

2 comments:

  1. Your diet is dairy-free vegetarian. Simple enough. And you don't have to buy into the notion of a Disney world of animals to be vegetarian or vegan. Many vegetarians do it because it's a more sustainable diet, or simply for religious reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Maria, but a lot of Vegans do seem to buy into that warm fuzzy view of the animal kingdom.
    Personally, I think it will be the Vegetarians that go a long way to saving the planet, as the Vegan way of life and views are just too extreme for most people to stomach...literally and metaphorically.
    I admire the Vegan way of life and those who can walk the talk, but I don't want to be one.
    I'll stick with vegetarianism/dairy free mostly, but I will eat a piece of dairy made birthday cake to celebrate a friends birthday, if they have gone to all the trouble to make a cake.
    And come Christmastime I may indulge in a plate of prawns and a piece of Christmas cake with friends and family, so I'm not going to label myself a vegetarian, but that's what I'll try to be for 99% of my eating life from now on.

    ReplyDelete