Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 8, 2018

Rune Soup Podcast: TALKING SECRET BODY WITH DR JEFFREY KRIPAL

Gordon talks to Dr Jeffrey Kripal about his latest book, Secret Body.
I haven't read this latest book of Jeff's ... or listened to the podcast yet.
TALKING SECRET BODY WITH DR JEFFREY KRIPAL
But Jeff is the author and co-author of some great books that I have read and highly recommend, like these of his pictured below.
Also, I had just finished reading 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' and was watching the TV series again from the start, and saw this scene last night, where Bobby Briggs is standing in front of an image of Jesus in the Brigg's Catholic household.
A scene in the Brigg's household
 from
'Twin Peaks' episode 3
SPOILER ALERT: Major Briggs is the archivist in 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks'.
MILFORD: Good. Contradictions. Very helpful. So you went to Catholic schools?

BIGGS: Where my Jesuit education ingrained in me the value of fealty to an established order while retaining a private allegiance to the truth.

MILFORD: Precisely. Excellent. A spiritual nature.

BRIGGS: That's the lens through which I view the world. Privately, of course.

MILFORD: Catholics, real ones, are all about the mystery.

The above dialog was taken from page 346 of Mark Frost's 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks'.
P.S.
Having listened to the podcast now, I have to say that being a straight male, I don't get the homoerotic angle of Christ on a personal level, as men just don't do it for me.
Still, an interesting argument, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment