Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 25, 2018

Year of the Dogs?

I should have known being a Brisbane Lions member myself that it was going to be hard to beat the Western Bulldogs in the AFLW grand final in the Year of the Dog.
AFLW grand final: Western Bulldogs beat Brisbane Lions to win first premiership
Could have been worse I guess if the Adelaide Crows had of gone back to back.
Tripping with Lions/Shamanism and Football?
At least with the Brisbane Lions there it kept Adelaide from doing just that.
Watching the women's final live at the
Lions club in Brisbane yesterday
'Pick Up Sticks'? The carpet pattern at the Lions club
Our girls put up a good fight, but it wasn't meant to be our year ... again ... I guess.
I'll have to keep the sparkling wine in my fridge for another year and hope for a third time lucky in 2019.
And hopefully it will be a case of,"I am woman hear me ROAR...in 2019 for the Lions;-)
And this in the news about dogs, too -
Dogs euthanased in Victoria, South Australia
Mars Petcare Australia recalls dog food in March of all months?

UPDATE: 25th March, 2018
Today I spotted my little magpie mate drinking out of the bird-bath in my backyard.
That magpie is a regular visitor to my backyard, but I have never seen it drink from the bird-bath before.
I wrote a post about mynah birds drinking from the bird-bath -
Agent Cooper: "I don't like birds"?!
But I have never seen a magpie near the bird-bath before.
That magpie showed up last weekend when I was watching and hoping for the Collingwood Magpies to beat the Adelaide Crows, so the Brisbane Lions would go through to the AFLW grand final.
The magpie showed up in a tree outside my computer room window when the Crows were leading and it looked like they were going to win.
Then the magpie started singing and the Magpies soon hit the lead and went on to win.
So that ended up being a prophetic appearance of my magpie mate, which I had forgotten about until I saw it drinking in my backyard today.
I guess if a lion had of shown up in my backyard Saturday morning, then that might have been a good sign, too?
Alas, there was no signs of hope last Saturday morning and I was soon to find out why.
Doh!
I got down to the Lions clubhouse just after the game had started, so I missed Missy singing her songs 'Futon Couch' and 'Scar'.
I didn't even know she was singing at the AFLW grand final until I read this old newspaper article which mentioned it.
Scar from 'The Lion King'
I know that Missy is a Geelong supporter, but reading between the lines/lions with her music choices for the grand final and that scarf she is wearing in the newspaper article above, I think we all know who Missy was hoping would win on the day;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment