Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 12, 2018

A Cascade AND Rabbits?

I had never heard of Scott Hutchinson and the band 'Frightened Rabbit' until this morning when I saw the tragic headlines on the Nine News site -
Body found in search for missing Scottish singer
"A body has been found in the search for missing Frightened Rabbit singer Scott Hutchison.
Police said a body had been found at
Port Edgar marina on the Firth of Forth, north of Edinburgh.
Hutchison
, 36, went missing in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The singer was last seen leaving the Dakota Hotel at 1:00am (local time) on Wednesday."
Notice the 'Frightened Rabbit' drummer's t-shirt?-)
The Hobart rivulet that runs through
the park with the
rabbits
I was searching the news wondering if the rabbits and doppelganger cat of mine that I met on a walk in 2016 along the Hobart rivulet were OK from the flooded waters that hit Hobart on Thursday night.
A Cascade of Rabbits?
I was half joking about having watched the movie 'Sharknado' starring a Hobart native son who played the character Baz Hogan in that movie.
I watched it when I saw it on my Netflix playlist after I had finished watching the TV show 'Requiem' as suggested by Gordon White in a recent podcast I had listened to of his -
Rune Soup: Talking Spirits on Film and TV
Gordon now lives about 30 minutes outside Hobart, but is holidaying in the middle of Australia right now.
I had traveled down to Hobart in 2016 to see Chelsea Wolfe play 'Dark Mofo' and I remember taking a photo in the MONA grounds of a shipping container because it had the name Wolf on it.
MONA: Sex X and Death +
A Royal Wolf shipping container
at
MONA I spotted in 2016
Then this morning I see a 'Dark Mofo' shipping container full of equipment floating off down the river.
 I also found a You Tube called 'Kids Interview Bands - Frightened Rabbit' where a young girl asks Scott if he would rather spend six months underwater or in space and he says "I think I would be happier underwater, because you can always go back to the surface, but I think it is quite hard to get back from space."
Scott Hutchison, Frightened Rabbit Singer, Is Found Dead at 36
"In a recent interview with Noisey, looking back on his musical discography, Mr. Hutchison spoke about locating the hope in some of his saddest songs.
Discussing “Floating in the Forth” from “The Midnight Organ Fight” — “fully clothed, I float away/down the Forth, into the sea/I think I’ll save suicide for another day,” he sings — Mr. Hutchison said: “It’s a real thought. It’s a thought that I’ve taken to a place that I’m far less comfortable with … I’ve gone 90 percent of the way through that song in real life. But at the same time it’s gratifying. It’s heartening to know that I’ve been through that, and I’m stood there performing that song, alive and feeling good about it.”
He added: “
I’m drawn to negatives in life, and I dwell on them, and they consume me."

Dark Mofo Adds Tim Minchin, Chrysta Bell & More To Its 2018 Lineup
Does That Song Ring a Bell or is it Just a Coincidence?
The Bells Just Keep Tolling, But for Whom?
And just when I had made up my mind that I wasn't making the trip down to Hobart this year because I didn't think the line up was that great, they put Chrysta Bell in the mix and suddenly the call of the siren is becoming too much for my ears.
Doh!
I won't be leaving home without my floaties this time though ... if I go that is.
Song to the Siren/Chase the Blues Away?
And also in the news this morning
I finished this post on the Fool's card for Michael at the TED podcast site as I heard him reference that saying on the tarot card in a recent podcast of his about lucid dreaming, so he must like that saying, right;-)
Just sayin' Mike:-)
The Siren is Still Taking Trophies

UPDATE:
I actually bought a ticket to Chrysta Bell's Dark Mofo show to motivate me to go on another trip to Tassie, but alas not even the ticket could get me to fight the feeling of not wanting to go for the bad vibes I was picking up about hitting the road.
I guess I'll never know if my gut feeling to stay home was the right decision, or if I literally missed the boat on this one. That was $39 down the drain and into the undertow for me I guess:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment