Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 10, 2018

Rune Soup: Talking Spirits on Film and TV

When I heard that Gordon White at 'Rune Soup' was doing a podcast about spirits in film and TV I jumped the gun and started watching films involving heavy drinking, such as 'Leaving Las Vegas' and 'The Shining'.
TALKING SPIRITS ON FILM AND TV WITH JULIO CESAR ODY
But Gordon was talking about the other kind of spirits that people can also do battle with in life, so I guess that I was kind of on track with 'The Shining', which had both kinds of spirits that Jack was battling with;-)
Bluesfest Easter Sunday 2018: A Fool's Journey with Something to Crow About?
So that gamble failed to pay off for me, even if there was a tense scene where Cage confronts a spirit in the shower;-)
And with a guest on the podcast named Julio Cesar Ody I was thrown by that Vegas sounding name, as well.
I did end up binge watching the whole series of 'Requiem' after listening to Gordon's and Julio's recommendation, and it nearly killed me, too.
After six hours of iPad eyes it felt like I was looking through the bottom of shot glasses.
I can see another series of ‘Requiem’ being made with the ending being left open like that.
I just hope
Matilda Gray isn’t influenced by her Archangel to take up playing the trumpet now, instead of the cello.

I still think 'The Witch' is the best movie the guys talked about as far as the subject matter and theme of the podcast went ... not that I have seen all of those movies that were mentioned in the podcast.
I actually watched 'Sharknado' and not that it falls into the films the guys were talking about, but I liked that there was an Australian guy in this film too, who was from Hobart, Tasmania, which was actually where that actor was from in real life, too.
Hmm ... time to pitch my 'Sharknado Requiem’ idea to the movie studios;-)
I see that Gordon is on the mainland of Australia in the outback at the moment officiating at Richard Dolan's wedding, which is synchy as in the movie 'Sharknado' the Aussie guy from Tasmania in that movie (Baz Hogan) talks about an incident in the outback where lots of fish fell from the sky near Alice Springs.
Jason Simmons as Baz Hogan in 'Sharknado'
I thought that sounded like as much BS as the plot of the movie until I looked it up on the net and found out that it actually did happen -
Residents stunned as hundreds of fish fall out of the sky over remote Australian desert town
"Hundreds of spangled perch bombarded the 650 residents of Lajamanu, shocking local Christine Balmer, who was walking home when the strange 'weather' started.
She said: 'These fish fell in their hundreds and hundreds all over the place.

The locals were running around everywhere picking them up."
So, keep an eye on the sky Gordon and I hope that you took a brolly and a line with you.
You might be able to point out some UFOs to Richard while he is there with you.
Unidentified Fish Objects in the sky that is:-)
Thursday night?! This was just a random
 image I found on the net by the way

UPDATE: 11th May, 2018
While it wasn't actually a Sharknado, Hobart was hit by floodwaters in extreme weather conditions yesterday (Thursday) that sharks would have loved.
I hope Gordon's farm wasn't touched by this weather, as I think his farm isn't that far from Hobart being in the Huon Valley and all.
Hobart weather: Record rain, flash flooding inundate CBD and parts of southern Tasmania
Cars float in flood waters in
Macquarie Street in Hobart

UPDATE:
 12th May, 2018
Weather records broken
"It is only the fifth time since 1893 that Hobart has recorded more than 100mm of rain in a day. Mount Wellington recorded 236 millimetres.
In the 24 hours to 9:00am on Friday, 129 millimetres of rain fell in Hobart, a record for May.
The weather bureau's senior climatologist, Blair Trewin, said it was not an extreme event by mainland standards, but was "very significant" for south-east Tasmania."
"Certainly it is at least a once-in-a-generation, at least if not a once-in-a-lifetime event."
Oh, yeah ... and I forgot to put this news story in when writing the post, since Gordon kept talking about Sir Anthony phoning in his performances -
Anthony Hopkins' strange dance video horrifies fans on Twitter
"The Welsh actor shared a selfie video of himself Sunday dancing wildly to salsa music with a bizarre, menacing grin on his face, leaving users on social media scratching their heads.
This is what happens when you’re all work and no play,” the 80-year-old captioned."

No comments:

Post a Comment